Dogs can eat sweet potatoes, but dogs should not eat too much sweet potatoes. Eating too much can cause indigestion, so they should not eat more.
Sweet potatoes are rich in protein, starch, pectin, cellulose, amino acids, vitamins and various minerals, and are known as “longevity food”. The sugar content reaches 15%-20%. It has anti-cancer, heart protection, prevention of emphysema, diabetes, weight loss and other effects. “Compendium of Materia Medica” by Li Shizhen in the Ming Dynasty recorded “sweet potato tonic deficiency, invigorating the spleen and appetizing appetite, and strengthening kidney yin”, and said that people living in the sea can live long. Chinese medicine regards sweet potatoes as good medicine.
Good food for dogs
1. Chicken breast: When the digestive organs such as the gastrointestinal organs of the VIP (Teddy) dog are relatively weak, eating high-protein, low-calorie chicken breast is very suitable. Chicken breast does not contain excess fat, especially for dogs on a diet, it is an indispensable ingredient for supplementing animal protein. (Note: Don’t give dogs chicken skin and chicken necks. Among chicken, chicken breast is best for dogs.)
2. Salmon: It is high in fat and calories, and contains unsaturated fatty acids, which can be a beneficial supplement for the thin VIP (Teddy).
3. Beef: high in calories, high in protein, low in fat, and many trace elements, suitable for “fattening” thin puppies.
4. Green cauliflower (broccoli): Green cauliflower is composed of flower buds and stems. In addition to containing beta carotene, vitamins B1, B2, and C, it also contains iron and dietary fiber. It is a very nutritious food. Especially the part of the stem is very rich in fiber.
5. Apple: It is rich in dietary fiber, which is very helpful for improving constipation or intestinal problems. In addition, the pectin in apple fiber is also very effective for eliminating toxins from the body. However, because apples contain too much sugar, it is important not to over-eat dogs.
6. Oatmeal: Oatmeal made from oats, containing 8 vitamins and minerals, is a food material rich in dietary fiber. For dogs suffering from constipation, if oatmeal is added to their diet, they will often have a good improvement effect.
7. Pumpkin: Pumpkin is easy to feel full. In addition to being rich in fiber, it also contains various nutrients such as vitamin B2, B12, vitamin C and carotene. Among them, vitamin B2 can prevent anemia. Pumpkin is also very effective for improving constipation of poodles.
8. Cabbage: Because it contains sulfur and chlorine, it has a cleansing effect on the intestines and stomach of dogs. It also contains vitamin A, B complex, calcium, sodium and iron and other nutrients. The part close to the heart of the cabbage is rich in vitamin C, and the part of the vegetable leaf contains beta carotene.
9. Potatoes: Potatoes are rich in vitamin C and dietary fiber, and sweet potatoes contain the highest dietary fiber content. In particular, the mucus protein contained in sweet potatoes is particularly effective for excretion accumulated in the intestinal tract. Also note: Dogs with arthritis, infection with parasites and respiratory disorders should never eat it!
10. Soybean: rich in plant protein. When the dog’s protein is insufficient, it will not only cause weakness, but also increase the possibility of virus infection. But be careful, if you want your dog to eat soy, please boil the soy with water until it is very soft and rotten before serving it to the dog.
Pay attention to a balanced diet when feeding dogs.